Masoneilan 87 / 88 Series
Pneumatic Diaphragm Actuators
The Masoneilan type 87 / 88 is a pneumatic, multispring actuator with fail-safe and linear thrust features designed for applications that use global style control valves. Flexibility, ease of operation, maintenance, installation, handling and replacement, and reliable low-friction dynamic performance is due to the multispring diaphragm design.
The multispring design also makes them compact thereby facilitating the plant equipment layout and accessibility. Total inventory and customer flexibility has increased by assembling common parts using modular construction to create different configurations. Fluctuating plant requirements are met by the field reversibility feature that allows customers to reconfigure the actuators accordingly in field.
- Allows air action change with no additional parts
MULTIPLE SPRING DESIGN:
- Four standard spring types achievable by varying spring quantity and Placement
HEAVY ONE-PIECE YOKE:
- Provides maximum strength and rigidity
- Pressed steel upper and lower cases combine lightness, high mechanical strength, and protection in the event of overpressurization
- Two actuator types and four sizes provide a wide range of applications
- Molded elastomer with fabric insert for strength, long life and high sensitivity
- The molded rolling diaphragm and deep cases minimize area change and effects a linear